Boeing Business Internship Program (Paid) Summer 2022 - Sales & Marketing
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
In more than 65 countries, you’ll find our people working on advances like remarkable aircraft comprised mostly of composite materials. Versatile and powerful jet fighters and rotorcraft that explore new uses of technology. Aircraft powered by hydrogen and biofuels. And even blended wing body and hybrid-electric aircraft.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Boeing Business Internship Program (BBIP) - Sales & Marketing has the foundation you need to jumpstart your career in business. You will be immersed in exciting opportunities that will empower you to make decisions and develop your skills as a Sales & Marketing professional. Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to apply your education to meaningful projects while developing skills in Critical Thinking, Strong Analytical Capability, Effective Communication, Data Analysis, Analytics, Data Visualization & Modeling Skills, Financial Acumen – Value Assessments, NPV Analysis, Airline/Aviation Industry Familiarization.
In addition, you’ll explore the vast amount of Sales & Marketing careers through informational interviews with our top professionals and development opportunities that the company has to offer. Sales & Marketing opportunities span across all of our Business Units: Commercial Airplanes; Defense, Space and Security; Boeing Global Services; Boeing Capital Corporation; and Corporate. At Boeing, the Sales & Marketing function provides the following areas of opportunity:
- Create value analysis models and set up a platform for future modeling while continuing to support sales with existing models and ad hoc analyses
- Build industry forecasts of passenger and cargo air traffic
- Gathers data & information to support research, benchmarking & forecasting. Supports the development of integrated strategies by providing initial information analysis. Documents strategy decisions and methodologies. Supports market development and opportunity assessments.
- Development of new marketing material, analysis, and updates to product and services marketing materials and gather requirements and inputs for new product and services material concepts to support go-to-market strategies.
Applicant’s best matching the attributes/qualifications described below will be scheduled for virtual interviews. Internship opportunities are available throughout the country.
Some of these position allow telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions have been identified as virtual opportunities and do not require applicants to live in close proximity to a Boeing facility.
Some of these positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of These positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Some of These positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master's degree program with an anticipated graduation date on or after August 2022
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Passion for the aerospace industry
- Academic excellence (GPA of 3.0 or higher) and community involvement
- Previous business or related internship or work experience
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Some of these positions offer relocation based on candidate eligibility.
These positions are for First Shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $74,000
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.