Equipment Desk Attendant
Department: Campus Recreation
Job Title: Equipment Desk Attendant
Starting Wage: $8.75 per hour
Supervisor: Member Services Coordinator
Hours per Week: Fall/Spring Semester: 10-12 hours, Summer: 10-15 hours, Breaks: 10-12 hours
Job Function: The Equipment Desk Attendants are responsible for creating a fun, engaging, and safe environment for all Boise State Recreation patrons. Service desk responsibilites are but not limited to: equipment check out, locker & towel sales, inventory, and providing information to patrons about upcoming programs.
- Assist with the retail sales and rental operations that takes place at the Equipment Desk. It is important all Attendants are friendly, engaging, and helpful with patrons.
- Ensures proper rental and return process for daily use of equipment for patrons.
- Performs daily laundry services.
- Handle POS transactions, including but not limited to locker rentals, towel service, belay certifications, and more
- Provide exceptional customer service to patrons by having strong communication while also interacting with customers in a respectful, cooperative manner.
- Assist patrons with any necessary needs in a prompt and timely manner.
- Maintain the standards set forth in the Customer Service Training, while demonstrating an enthusiasm for enhancing the overall guest experience
- Promote a safe environment for patrons and staff by remaining alert to anything that may be a risk and display active awareness of surroundings while on duty.
- Anticipate potential risks of injury, taking measures to remove them, and in the event of an injury, have the ability to implement emergency medical procedures. Be alert to injuries and inappropriate behavior and respond as trained or report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Assist in the set-up/tear-down of the daily operations of Campus Recreation.
Professional and Student Development:
- Assist with the management of programs/services and personnel.
Minimum Qualifications and Certification Requirements:
- Certification required: American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer & First Aid (certification training provided upon hiring).
- Ability to manage a significant workload in addition to the regular academic schedule.
- Be available to work a minimum of 10-12 hours per week.
- Be available to work 1 school break (Fall Break, Winter Break, or Spring Break)