Industrial Design Co-Op
POSITION SUMMARY: Industrial Design Co-Op students will take part in projects that cover all phases of the NPD development process from early conception to prototype development.
Industrial Design projects may include some or all of the following tasks:
- Observational research, voice-of-customer surveys, benchmarking analysis, market analysis, emerging technologies and identification of new product opportunities
- New product ideation sessions and conceptual design studies
- Product theme development
- Graphic Design – boat graphics, model designators, upholstery patterns
- 3D CAD modeling of design themes / concepts
- Design, manufacturing, packaging and ergonomic studies
- Create study models / mock-ups to evaluate function / ergonomics
- Upholstery development - color and material break-ups, foam & pattern development
- Create design presentations
- Manufacturing plant tours
- On water boating experiences
- Conduct product benchmarking and consumer research
- Create 2D conceptual sketches / renderings
- Build Mock-ups to validate ideas
- Participate in design reviews
- Work with cross-functional team members
Minimum Degree Required: Industrial Design Co-Op candidates should be working towards a four year degree in the Product, Transportation, and Interior or Fashion Design field. Interest or
experience in the Marine Industry is a plus.
Preferred Degree: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
Certificate(s) or License(s):
Experience: Junior or Senior level design students
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Industrial Design Co-Op candidate should be experienced in general design practices. Candidates should be proficient at 2D sketching and visual communication. Have the ability to think three-dimensionally and demonstrate understanding of proportions and form. Ability to translate designs into physical mock-ups and use computer aided design software to create solid models.
- Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar programs are required. Experience using Keyshot, Rhino or Catia 3D software and additive manufacturing programs is helpful
- Industrial Design Co-Op candidates should be familiar with common shop tools and equipment used for fabrication in foam, wood, cardboard, metal and plastic
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional team members
May have day trips to manufacturing plants or local lakes
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 417-873-5330.