Office Support Assistant
General Purpose: The office support assistant position is an opportunity for a current IUPUI student to support the Division of Undergraduate Education and promote the services, programs, and events hosted by the division. The office support assistant will primarily provide administrative and project management support for those in the Dean’s suite. Overall, the assistant brings the student perspective to the division and supports outreach to the IUPUI student population and campus community as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Broken down by hours/week
· 7-10 hours - Conducting general administrative support duties and projects.
· 1-2 hours - support groups/committees to complete projects and tasks related to:
- Faculty and Staff meetings and retreats
- Semester Award events
- Other ongoing division events as needed
· 1-2 hours - Cross-collaborate with Dean’s staff to satisfy position requirements when necessary and participate in weekly one on one meetings.
· 1-2 hours – Other duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
· Requires weekly availability from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM in 2-hour time blocks
Education and Experience:
· Enrollment as a student at IUPUI
· Freshman or Sophomore by academic standing preferred
· Candidates with experience with PowerPoint, Qualtrics, and Google docs are encouraged to apply.
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study Program award. To verify you have a work-study award, please go to your One.IU.edu account (look under Student Center and Financial Aid Summary). If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (e.g., loans, grants, scholarships).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated skill in communicating individually and in small group formats
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
· Ability to professionally communicate student perspectives to staff and administrators
· Ability to learn new technology in support of events, marketing tactics, and office support
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles:
• Communicator – The ability to listen, write, and speak effectively. The ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
• Innovator – The ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within a specific timeframe.
• Problem Solver –The ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. The ability to find/create solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, past experiences, and available information and resources.
• Community contributor – The ability to demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness to other people and cultures. The ability to relate to co-workers and inspire others to participate. The ability to maintain a productive climate and confidently motivate, mobilize, or coach other employees/students.