Quality Summer Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
How will you make an impact?
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Intern Program is crafted to accelerate early career development of high potential college students to prepare them for upwardly mobile careers within Quality at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our Internship is a 12-week summer program designed for rising juniors and seniors majoring in Engineering, or Operations. Interns will be matched to a 12-week project based on their skill set combined with the business need.
What will you do?
Our intern projects are designed to give you real-world operations and engineering experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our culture within a manufacturing facility and access to site leadership. To ensure projects are challenging and meet the needs of our dynamic business, final project assignments will not be determined until late spring. Interns will be asked to present an end of assignment presentation to their team of colleagues at the end of their internship.
Projects will focus on the following:
- Process Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- MRP Management
- Quality Assurance and Engineering
- Production control and manufacturing engineering
- Supervision of value stream operations
- Data analytics
- Project Management
The full-time affords participants an outstanding chance to create results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network throughout their two years. Prior to graduating from the program, participants will work with the Program Manager to identify full time roles they will interview for across the finance organization for full time placement upon graduation
How will you get here?
- Full time student completing bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or related field between June 2022 and June 2023
- Preferred GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader within operations and engineering
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Related work or internship experience
- Demonstrated experience with operational improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- This position is based out of our Franklin, MA facility