Global Procurement Intern
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. For more information, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
The Global Procurement organization works closely with all other functional areas of the business including Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Research and Development, and Retail to support Goodyear's activities. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
1. Supply Chain and Logistics;
2. Global Indirect Sourcing;
3. Raw Material Sourcing and Supplier Development;
4. CAPEX & MRO Sourcing;
5. Business Process
The mission of Goodyear's Global Procurement department is to create a new standard of excellence in Strategic Sourcing by leading the industry in Supplier Innovation and Global Supplier Value Chain Management. This department seeks to develop and implement industry leading strategies for the procurement of materials, equipment, goods and services with the required quality, delivery and cost to support the global Business Units and Corporate business objectives.
Procurement uses global leverage and concentrated expertise to develop and coordinate the implementation of sourcing strategies for raw materials, equipment, goods and services. This includes development of long and near term commodity strategies, supplier strategies, market analysis, competitive intelligence, aggregation, supply chain management, e-commerce and serving as a center of expertise for all procured items. Procurement interfaces with virtually every area of the company.
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Expected graduation within one year of internship
- Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance or Business majors preferred
- Engineering major or related discipline may be considered
- Prior intern/co-op experience in related field preferred
- Ability to self-manage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excel in project work and like the sense of accomplishment that accompanies "getting things done"
- Ability to learn fast and keep up with the rapidly changing technological field
- Prefers a culture of open communication
- Detail oriented with superior analysis and problem solving skills
- Values and appreciates diversity
It is required that you go to campus.goodyear.com to create your candidate profile in order to be eligible for this position. A separate profile must be created for each position applied. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Goodyear is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Procurement, Engineer, Supply, Logistics, Buyer, Operations, Engineering