VOCAL Technologies is looking for a Software Developer / Engineer to assist with the design and implementation of cutting edge telecommunications technologies.
Full-Time, Part-Time, and paid internship opportunities are available. Positions are available for both experienced and entry level candidates.
Offices located in the UB Commons. We are expanding in both size and capabilities, resulting in our continuous pursuit of talented and motivated individuals to join our diverse and highly skilled team.
Over 30 years of extensive expertise in telecommunications engineering for the military/DoD, industrial, and commercial markets with comprehensive product design, system integration solutions including: software and hardware engineering.
Recent products include ATAs, VoIP servers and CPE, HPNA-based IPBXs, video surveillance, voice and data RF devices, secure government devices, lawful interception software, medical devices, radios, beamforming, embedded modems, T.38 fax, FoIP, and RASoIP. Custom engineering designs are cerated from turnkey solutions to complete designs including hardware, software and integration into finished products.
A competitive candidate will have:
- Background in Software Engineering and Software Design
- Familiarity with C/C++ programing languages
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for learning about new and cutting edge technologies
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments
Responsibilities of a Software Engineer include:
- Learning about new and exciting technologies
- Working with customers to provide a solution that meets and exceeds their needs
- Designing and mplementing Software solutions to telecommunications problems
- Maintaining and improving existing software solutions