Entry-Level Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID 00000267633
Date posted 09/08/2021
Location Everett, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Entry-level Electrical Manufacturing Engineers to support all locations and programs within the Puget Sound region, such as 777X, 767/Tanker, 737 Programs, Fabrication Division, and more. A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics and electricians, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
- Integrates across engineering disciplines to drive producibility requirements into the design of aircraft electrical systems (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA))
- Leads the complex integration of aircraft electrical systems into the aircraft build plan, ensuring an efficient and repeatable process for systems installation
- Coordinates with production and design engineers across commodities to ensure integration of electrical systems with all other interfacing airplane components (structures, interiors, etc.)
- Drives innovative requirements for tooling and equipment to install and test electrical components more efficiently, earlier on in the build process, and more ergonomically for mechanics
- Regularly engages with mechanics and electricians on airplane manufacturing/assembly processes, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve the efficiency and reliability of the aircraft build plan
- Coordinates across teams to implement new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts, including but not limited to electrical systems design, equipment installation, functional test, and more
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accredited course of study in engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Previous Internship working with electrical components, equipment, and/or systems
- Previous Internship in a production environment
- Previous Internship in an engineering role
- Ability to learn in a fast pace environment
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and the mechanics on the factory floor
Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following areas is highly preferred:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Material Sciences and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Plastics Engineering
- Plastics Engineering Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is primarily for 1st shift, although off-shift work may be required on an as-needed basis
These are union-represented positions.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.