Interested in a FUN job working with children?
Check out Employment Opportunities at Kama'aina Kids!
We're GROWING and looking for After School Group Leaders throughout Hawaii
Teacher Certification Not Required! This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with young children and expand your knowledge of early childhood development. If you are a new graduate, working towards your degree, or simply interested in pursuing a career in education, please feel free to apply!
Kama’aina Kids - Hawaiiʻs Enrichment & Education Professionals (a non-profit organization)
Kama‘aina Kids is Hawaii’s largest locally owned and operated childcare provider, since 1987. We are driven to serve children, families and our communities by providing ongoing quality education and enrichment programs to help build a sense of Self, Community and Environment. We offer meaningful benefits that support our ohana, providing opportunity for growth and development at every level.
In 2022, our organization was recognized as a Top Workplace in both Hawaii and the USA. This achievement was made possible through a partnership between the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Exton, a leading workplace research and consulting firm. Their platform identifies and honors companies that prioritize their employees' well-being, as reflected in their positive feedback about the organization's culture and people-centric values.
We invest in our people and are committed to caring for Hawaii's children!
We’re looking for new team members to help us in our mission to make a difference in the lives of our youngest learners! Bring your love of children and past experience in childcare or early childhood education to our dedicated and caring team. While prior experience working with children is helpful, it is not required. We will provide full training for the right candidate!
Part time, Flexible Schedules, and NO EVENINGS or WEEKENDS! (Full Time opportunities available)
Job Title: After School Group Leaders and Site Coordinators in Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.
At Kama’aina Kids, we're more than just a childcare provider – we're a community that values our employees and is dedicated to serving children, families, and our communities. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable childcare that supports children's development and prepares them for a bright future.
We're currently seeking candidates who share our passion for working with children and making a positive impact in their lives. As a member of our team, you'll play a critical role in nurturing young minds and helping them grow and develop. You'll work alongside a team of caring and supportive professionals who share your dedication to our mission and who are committed to supporting each other to achieve our goals. We have opportunities in both our Preschool and School-age Divisions!
Why Work with Us?
At Kama’aina Kids, we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment that values diversity and promotes teamwork, professional growth, and work-life balance. Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings plan, paid time off, and opportunities for ongoing training and development.
Make an Impact!
At Kama'aina Kids, we believe that working in our Preschool and School Age Programs is vital work that can have a significant impact on children and families. Our employees make a difference by providing a safe and nurturing environment for children during the critical early years of development when 90% of a child's brain is formed. Additionally, our School Age program provides a vital resource for families by offering a safe place for children to go after school to socialize with friends, get homework started, and have some fun! By working with us, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of our community by investing in the next generation. Join us in our important work of shaping young minds and making a difference in the lives of children, families, and our communities!
Elevate YOUR game:
Joining the Kama’aina Kids team comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
- Teamwork: Experience what being a part of the Kama’aina Kids family feels like. Be inspired by your leaders, be encouraged and cheered on by your teammates, and feel supported while you work with us.
- Learning + Development: Take advantage of training programs that will expand your capabilities and support your development. Be mentored and develop within the company to be a leader as you create big possibilities for your career and life.
- Education Assistance: Let us help you pay for college courses with our $2000 per year reimbursement plan. We’ll even help with repayment if you’ve already got student loans!
Dare to dream, it’s never too late to start doing what makes you happy!
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience is a plus but we will provide full training!
- A bachelor's degree in education or a related field is preferred, but candidates with a minimum of three years of experience in educating students will also be considered.
- A passion for working with children and a commitment to making a positive impact on their lives on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive relationships with both families and coworkers. Must also be able to create a dynamic and enjoyable learning environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills, strong organizational abilities, and the capability to handle multiple tasks and situations effectively.
- Experience in a supervisory role within a child care or education environment is appreciated
A Typical Day in the School Age Program might look like this:
- Greet the children as they arrive
- Help children get a snack and wind down after a busy school day
- Assist with homework
- Play board games or cards
- Facilitate a craft project
- Supervise a group of children as they play outdoors
- Judge a singing or dance contest
- Help build a Lego village
- Guide children as they follow a recipe for slime or a fun treat!
- Greet families as they arrive to pick up their child for the day.
- Go home with the satisfaction that you made a difference today!
Kama’aina Kids Benefits: (Benefits vary based on hours worked)
- $250 New Hire Bonus
- Competitive Pay Rates
- College Tuition Reimbursement ($2000 per year)
- Student Loan Assistance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Comprehensive Training (Community First Aid, CPR/AED Certification)
- Health Insurance (Plus vision and dental)
- Pet Insurance
- Childcare Discounts (Up to 75% discount)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays (10 per year)
- Employee Birthday Holiday
Are you ready to shape the future one child at a time?
Bring your passion to us and apply at Kama’aina Kids today!
We have openings at locations on Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.
Apply Today and tell us your preferred work location on the application!
(Find our program locations HERE)
Kama’aina Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences within our workforce ‘ohana.