Commercial Operations Intern
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day.
We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
TC Energy Wants to Know…
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in Marketing, Business, Accounting and Management Information Systems programs or related disciplines for May 2022 internships.
We engage our students in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy.
The Commercial Operations team is a dynamic fast paced team which provides seamless interaction with internal and external customers. The team is market-driven, revenue oriented and dedicated to providing maximum customer satisfaction.
The candidate will support the customer activities and daily operations of TC Energy US natural gas and storage pipelines performing the more complex duties for the Nominations and Scheduling Department including customer support, processing customer nominations, interconnect confirmations, pipeline scheduling, imbalance management, natural gas allocations and invoicing.
We are seeking an energetic Business Analyst intern that will help drive company and customer value with new and fresh ideas through innovation and process improvement collaborating in a team environment to help take TC Energy to the next level. Liquids Commercial U.S. is a new and developing team responsible for the P&L management for assets on the U.S. side of the border. The U.S. team collaborates and partners with the Liquids Commercial Canada team to drive revenue enhancement and cost discipline to maximize the value of our business.
This role is based in Charleston, WV.
Tasks could be:
- Develop and maintain transportation and storage customer relationships by serving as a primary point of contact within the Nominations and Scheduling team. Provide a high level of customer service via phone, video, and chat service.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to resolve various customer and operator inquiries related to, but not limited to nominations and scheduling, confirmations and OBA/imbalance management.
- Help provide customers with training on transactional system functions and features.
- Help lead special projects, including testing of new process implementation and improvements for transactional systems.
- Analyze various transportation and storage activities from both a macro and micro perspective and produce analytics as needed.
- Regularly monitor activity for storage assets, balancing agreements, park & loan, and power plants to ensure compliance with tariff and service standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Actively enrolled in a Marketing, Business, Accounting and Management Information Systems or related disciplines with at least six semesters of education complete and at least one semester remaining following your work term
- Knowledge of Project Management processes
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Teams
- Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
- Detail oriented and able to use data and analytic acumen to produce accurate work product
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Must exhibit the TC Energy corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S. permanently without requiring sponsorship
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.