Student Ambassador - Opus College of Engineering
The Opus College of Engineering, Enrollment Management Office seeks to hire current undergraduate students to represent the Opus College of Engineering in undergraduate recruitment efforts.
All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
· Be a current undergraduate student in the Opus College of Engineering.
· Have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
· Be in good disciplinary standing at the time of selection and throughout their employment.
· Be available for 2-10 hours of work each week (variable, depending on events schedule), including an introductory training session and periodic staff meetings in advance of events.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with ongoing prospective student visits, including leading tours of Engineering Hall, writing follow-up communication, etc.
· Share your experience as an engineering student at Marquette, in a variety of formats (e.g. written communication, one-on-one and group interactions). Examples include:
§ OCOE Fish Fry– welcome prospective students to events, manage registration table, distribute materials, etc.
§ OCOE Scholarship Competition and Open House – share your experience in engineering with students and families, assist faculty in leading hands-on activities in labs
§ Write email template for distribution to prospective students, sharing your experience as a Marquette engineer
§ Explore social media tools for connecting with prospective students
§ Represent the College and Marquette during other events both on campus and in area high schools
§ Offer presentations/lead activities with high school groups visiting OCOE
· Prepare recruiting materials and mailings
· Serve as a representative of the Opus College of Engineering and Marquette University and execute all duties in a professional manner
All Ambassadors will be expected to work during the following high-volume events:
· OCOE Fish Fry – Friday, February 24, 2017 (late afternoon/evening)
· OCOE Open House – Saturday, February 25, 2017 (majority of the day)
Once selected, Student Ambassadors meet with Enrollment Management Office staff to determine a mutually agreed-upon work schedule.
Compensation$8.50 - 10 per hour