Accounts Payable Clerk
Lightning eMotors designs and manufactures zero-emission, all-electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles such as delivery trucks, shuttle buses, passenger vans, chassis-cab models, and city transit buses. The Lightning products include best-of-class commercial EVs based on leading legacy platforms like the Ford Transit 350HD passenger and cargo vans, Ford E-450 shuttle bus and cutaway models, Ford F-59 step/food van, Ford F-550 cargo trucks and buses, Chevrolet 6500XD Low Cab Forward model, and 30-foot, 35-foot, and 40-foot transit buses.
We work with forward-thinking fleets to engineer, deliver, and manage full transportation electrification solutions. This includes vehicles, charging, data analysis, and energy infrastructure.
If you're a forward-thinking person who loves numbers and wants to be part of the climate change solution, boom with Lighting and join us!
Our AP Clerk role is full-time and responsible for performing a range of accounting and clerical tasks related to the AP function. Tasks vary daily, but do include receiving, processing, and verifying invoices; managing reconciliation reports; and of course, processing payments as well as building vendor relationships.
Essential job functions:
- Receives and verifies expense reports
- Reconciles AP transactions including item receipts and invoices, as well as monthly statements and transactions
- Facilitates payment of vendors
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues PO amendments or stop-order payments
- Supports quarterly and year-end inventory cycle counts and audits
- Other tasks as assigned
What we need:
- Communication: You should be comfortable interacting with everybody from co-workers, to customers, to vendors. Excellent communication leads to excellent customer service.
- Teamwork: You should be willing to help everybody when they come to you. Interruptions happen daily and our team works collaboratively with everyone.
- Attention to detail: You should be able to catch mistakes and fix them accordingly. You should also be able to stay organized and keep on top of what tasks you're working on.
- Confidentiality: Your records should be thorough, accurate, and we must be able to count on you.
- Time management: You should be comfortable with high-volume work, driven by deadlines. We're fast-paced and need colleagues who are not only willing to learn, but who can learn quickly too.
What we require:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates or higher in Business or Accounting is preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, Netsuite, SAP, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, or related programs
This is a non-exempt position and the hiring range is $20 to $25.
Lightning eMotors is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package which starts on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment. Our package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a Health Reimbursement Plan (when enrolled in medical coverage), Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also offer a 401(k) with matching, generous PTO accruals, and 7-paid holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Lightning eMotors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military or veteran status.