Summer College Intern - Marketing & Communications (Product Marketing)
Position Specific Description
This internship position resides in the Brand, Marketing & Insights business group and offers an exciting opportunity to experience first-hand the dynamic role audience insights and segmentation, and channel activation play in building brands, driving product promotion and online sales, and promoting program retention. The successful candidate will be charged with supporting the rollout of a lifestyle brand for FPL’s clean, renewable programs (solar and EVs) and launch of its online store of related apparel and goods.
Key areas of responsibility within the Department which may require support include:
- Strategic planning - Responsible for the strategic development of a marketing campaign or event for an assigned product, service or advertising initiative; utilize market analysis, customer research and insights to identify business opportunities, develop marketing strategy and tactical plan.
- Brand and creative development – Partner with our in-house creative team or external agency to provide strategic briefing and direction for marketing campaign based on audience and market insights (psychographics, demographics and segmentation). Define assets required to build campaign and facilitate the reviews/approvals process for feedback and refinement of creative.
- Campaign execution – Responsible for working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, agency partners and channel managers to build marketing campaign with goal of driving customer acquisition, retention or online sales.
- Marketing analytics – Responsible for analyzing the campaign metrics and performance to determine optimization recommendations and opportunities to improve ROI, creative and targeting.
- Influencer, ambassador or partner management – Support the marketing team with research or outreach with relevant strategic partners, influencers, or customer ambassadors who would play a role in campaign activation or amplification.
- The ideal candidate will be seeking a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or related discipline.
- The candidate will display an interest in expanding their hands-on experience with product marketing, digital marketing, consumer marketing, campaign development and execution, research and analytics, content marketing, consumer promotions, email marketing and social media.
- Expected to demonstrate expertise through writing and editing tests.
- Excellent writing, verbal, editing, presentation, and overall communication skills; solid writing and editing skills
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher