Software Engineer (ASP.NET C#)
Dearman Systems is seeking an ASP.Net Developer to join our growing software development team. You will focus most of your time on writing logic for our railcar scheduling system called LYNXRail.
This is a remote opportunity.
Must be authorized to work in the US as Dearman is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Dearman Systems is an established software company with offices in Tucson, AZ and Houston, TX. Dearman provides mission critical software and hardware solutions to the bulk liquids storage industry - a backbone of the global economy. Specifically, Dearman helps terminal operators to automate and centrally manage their assets with the goal of improving efficiency and increasing enterprise value. Dearman software acts as the terminal operating system by connecting to field instrumentation and enabling companies to remotely control operations, track inventory, produce reports, invoice customers and schedule inbound and outbound loads.
Founded in 1988, the Dearman name is well-known in the bulk liquids storage industry for their technical expertise and unparalleled customer support. At Dearman, the customer comes first.
About The Role
In this role, you will be a primary developer for the Dearman Systems LYNX web application — specifically the LYNXRail module.
LYNXRail integrates with rail operations (short line and main lines) to automate railcar movement in and out of liquids terminals. All parties in the supply chain are connected in a real-time, self-service web application.
This role is remote and you can be located anywhere in the US. Our work is done on Arizona time so you will work with your project manager according to this schedule.
- Maintain documentation of process, coding, and integrations related to LYNXRail
- Primary developer on creation of all new code and refactor of existing code
- Manage third party integration file processing, including CSV and EDI
- Track and communicate task progress and status to project manager on a regular basis
- Work with project manager to estimate future project efforts and assist in the review of SOWs for clients
- Experience and proficiency in ASP.Net and C# using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE (Required)
- Relational database experience, MS SQL Server (Required)
- Working knowledge of Git source control system (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or related work experience
- 1-10 years of experience is preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States
Working at Dearman:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from home opportunities
- Small company with focus on employees
- High visibility in your role with opportunity for advancement
- Paid leave and holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
Salary for this position is based on experience.