The Avison Young Valuation and Advisory Group has openings for entry-level analysts in the NY office. Come join a diverse practice serving bank, pension, and financial reporting sectors on a nationwide basis. Experience a diverse practice that is focused on excellence.
- Assist in the preparation of appraisals of all property types and other consulting reports
- Assist in the construction of financial models
- Inspect properties nationwide
- Gather, organize, and report relevant public property-level information
- Assist in the review and selection of the most relevant comparable information relative to the property being appraised
- Research and analyze general market information in terms of its impact on properties and their markets
- Research comparable sales, listings and rentals
- Research benchmark rates of return including cap rates and discount rates
- Collecting land sales, improved sales and rent comparable
- Maintain an active job and invoicing system
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- ARGUS skills preferred
- Strong analytic, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal direct supervision
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and consistently demonstrate a high level of time management and customer service
- A self-starter- must be detail-oriented to ensure accurate deliverables with ability to take initiative to meet deadlines
- Attitude-positive, always seeking to better our team, reaching out to bring value
- Commercial Real Estate education preferred
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply today!