Our Communications summer intern works with the Communications, Marketing, Human Resources, and Distributor Support Services departments on various real projects. Assignments will be determined on the skills and career focus of the candidate. Examples of summer intern projects include:
- Content creation – Build a range of communications deliverables such as written brochures, internal stories, photo books, branded pieces, videos, and articles.
- Digital support – Collaborate with the digital team to support Swagelok.com, content strategy, marketing automation, reporting, and other related work.
- Global Communicators Network (GCN) support – Support efforts and tools that enhance our marcom portfolio of tools including the support and upgrade of the Distributor Marketing Engine (library of assets), webinar series, and Leaders Conference.
- Project management – Work with various departments to analyze, develop, and launch projects or events to support our internal and external communications efforts. (Most often, these communications projects support our internal strategies or external marketing initiatives. Examples include a project focused on safety on the shop floor, or recruitment campaign to target outside candidates.)
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a sophomore year in a Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree program in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Integrated Marketing, Public Relations, Photography, Graphic Design, or Digital Communications.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong writing skills and portfolio
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior internship experience is preferred
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.