Data Science Intern - Sleep Number Labs
At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Sleep Number Labs Team for a 12-week internship experience.
Sleep Number Labs is the next-generation IoT company, leading a new era in AI Powered IoT. If you want to make an impact, are motivated, creative, and hardworking, then this job is for you!
As a Data Science Intern, you will play a key role in developing and implementing innovative solutions which will help us deliver maximum benefit to our customers in the form of improved sleep and sleep data-based insights.
- Work with the team to design, develop, implement, and maintain machine learning algorithms for next-generation bed platform.
- Work with the team to develop distributed applications, platform infrastructure, and interface to solve large-scale processing problems.
- Prototype custom big-data applications using scalable cloud/GPU platforms.
Work with embedded and cloud-based software engineering teams to scale and operationalize prototyped concepts and to ensure successful implementation and deployment of algorithms.
Prototype and build analytics dashboards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Machine learning and Signal processing
- Notions of Algorithm design
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, Azure
- Nice to have sleep science background
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in IT or related program with the ability to learn new programming languages quickly
- BS or higher in physics, mathematics, computer science, or similar field.
- GPA requirement 3.0 or above
- Ability to complete a 4 month + internship
- Strong verbal and written communication and team player qualities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.