2022 Staff Intern - Cleveland
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 28 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
Dare to be different? Are you looking to follow the herd or do you see yourself as a trail blazer? If you’re ready to chart new territory maybe it’s time to launch your professional career with a unique and well paid, full-time internship at Novogradac & Company LLP. Novogradac is hiring Accounting Interns to explore our firm for busy season 2022 (January 2022 through the end of March 2022).
This distinct internship program is designed to expose the future leaders of public accounting to not only our partners, but also to our business and how we empower our clients' businesses. Our trendsetting interns learn hands-on what it takes to be a staff accountant for a growing national CPA firm by tackling a variety of different assignments, including audit, tax preparation and research. Novogradac believes in giving our interns a real-life business experience and compensating you well while you’re here.
- Complete tax and/or audit engagements for designated clients as directed by your Supervisor or Manager
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to principals and partners
- Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance (obtained degree is a plus) and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience
- GPA of 3.20 or higher
- Preferred completion of at least one Intermediate Accounting course and preferably on track or already qualified to sit for the CPA examination
- Exhibit a basic understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail, organization and follow through
- Ability to work under close supervision and accept constructive feedback, making adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment with both colleagues and clients
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel) and report writing tools
This is a paid internship. To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac and Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Novogradac’s culture is centered on education, acceptance, innovation and opportunity. We value diversity and respect the different perspectives that each of our employees bring to Novogradac no matter their age, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for our entire workforce.