2022 Virtual Summer Intern Program – Default Servicing Intern
Mr. Cooper's summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it's like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper's collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
The Default Serving Intern will rotate through and work closely with the various groups of Default Servicing and learn the path a loan takes from early default, through foreclosure, and final disposition. The successful candidate will learn and gain exposure to events affecting the loan and collateral through Bankruptcy, Legal Litigation, Foreclosure Timeline, and Property Preservation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Default Servicing team member on various projects to ensure understanding of the mortgage default process
- Assist in loan reviews, analytical projects, and introduction to investor/insurer-specific guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or related degree
- Have completed at least two semesters of financial or real estate coursework
- Proficient with MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to work within a team setting (participation in clubs, activities, or project work)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Possess an interest in real estate and mortgage servicing
- Ability to prioritize, adapt, and excel in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate initiative in problem-solving