Northern Kentucky Health Department
PLANNER [: PLAN]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Planning Unit of the Office of the District Director of Health is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours/week) Planner to develop, implement, and evaluate long range internal Health Department and community planning programs and to perform related duties. This position will be based at our District office in Florence but may travel within our region. Usual work hours are M-F between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system position
Starting Pay Rate: $23.42 - $27.15/hour (based on your years of directly-related paid experience)
Reports To: District Director of Health
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates community planning for Health Department. (Community Health Assessment (CHA): Recruits and engages community members and stakeholders to participate in collaborative partnerships and coalitions to identify and prioritize health problems. Works with GIS Data Analyst and Informatics Data Analyst to collect, analyze, and present community health data. Facilitates the synthesis of community data into meaningful community priorities. Develops and maintains a Community Health Assessment (CHA) document for NKY. Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP): Develops, implements, and evaluates the Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) and the associated community action plans. Recruits and engages community members and stakeholders to participate in collaborative partnerships and coalitions to develop the CHIP and implement the community action plans. Prepares agenda, minutes, and materials for CHIP meetings. Maintains accurate records and documentation. Ensures updates are entered by designated staff and community partners into databases and progress reports on a regular basis. Maintains community action plans document and creates on-going progress reports. Reports to community members, stakeholders, and others on the status of implementation and evaluation of the CHIP.)
- Facilitates and documents internal planning for Health Department. (Strategic Planning: Facilitates the development of Health Department’s Strategic Plan. Develops teams to implement the Strategic Plan. Provides technical support for teams. Ensures updates are entered by designated staff into databases on a regular basis. Maintains strategic plan’s team action plans. Evaluates progress and provides regular progress reports on Health Department’s Strategic Plan. Operational Planning: Works with Senior Staff to draft the annual Operational Plan and Operational Report. Workforce Development Planning: Facilitates the development of Health Department’s Workforce Development Plan. Works with Senior Staff to maintain and disseminate the Workforce Development Plan.)
- Facilitates Quality Improvement and Performance Management. (Works with supervisor to collaborate with Senior Staff to draft NKY Health’s Quality Improvement Plan (QIP). Works with supervisor to collaborate with Senior Staff to develop Performance Management (PM) objectives each fiscal year. Assists QI teams with in developing and completing QI activities. Ensures updates are entered by designated staff into databases and progress reports on a regular basis. Reviews databases and updates for the QIP and PM objectives. Prepares presentations, reports, materials, and minutes for QIP/PM Council meetings. Facilitates training of Health Department staff in QI techniques and performance management.)
- Coordinates the Health Department’s activities for National Accreditation. (Works with individual staff members, as needed, and with internal accreditation teams to prepare for and maintain national accreditation, including preparation of annual reports to PHAB. Works with teams to provide guidance to address areas for improvement and advancement. Works with Data Analyst to collect, analyze and report data for PHAB Population Health Outcomes Reporting. Communicates ongoing updates from PHAB to Health Department staff regarding national accreditation. Participates in KHDA’s Kentucky Accreditation Coordinator meetings and training. Participates in appropriate PHAB training.)
- Represents Health Department at designated community meetings/partnerships. (Attends community-planning meetings as assigned and keeps supervisor apprised of information and activities.)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports. Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave.)
Valid, Active Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Informatics, Health Education, Planning, Epidemiology or closely related field from an accredited university/college.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Prior full-time community related strategic Planning experience.
- Prior public health experience or experience in a similar role.
Please submit applications through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and e-mailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code PLAN on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – PLAN
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to
view other opportunities to join our family.