2022 Actuarial Summer Internship Program
Get to know the business
As an actuary at AIG, you will be challenged and encouraged to reach your greatest potential. Every day will bring new opportunities to stretch your analytical and problem-solving skills as you improve how we predict and mitigate risk. Our Financial Actuaries are on the frontlines, quantifying risk, pricing insurance and reserving losses for AIG’s major regulated and rated insurance operating companies globally. Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries support AIG’s businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics and performance measurement. They collaborate with Marketing, Operations and Financial Management.
About the role
What you need to know:
Joining the AIG Summer Internship Program is a great way to enhance your business acumen and gain insight into our industry. Summer interns are placed into meaningful and influential roles that have an immediate and integral impact on the business.
The Summer Internship Program lasts approximately 10 weeks and is targeted to students entering the final year of their undergraduate education. After initial orientation, summer interns will join one of our business lines, each of which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical knowledge and professional skills in a diverse and global environment. In addition to the experience acquired on the job, summer interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management and participate in webinars, discussion forums, and networking receptions.
Summer interns establish goals with their managers during the first week, and the goals are measured at the mid and end points of the summer. Successful summer interns may be considered for full-time analyst positions to begin summer of 2023.
AIG L&R Actuarial intern positions are available in Houston, TX and Woodland Hills, CA
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (unofficial transcript required upon application)
- Candidate for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to be received no later than June 2023
· Complete one or more Actuarial Exam(s) by March 2022
· AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry.
· The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility).
· We also look for a diverse background of experience, culture, and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, an online application is required. Please apply at www.aig.com/campus.
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources for eligible employees that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.