Human Resources Internship (Virtual)
Human Resources Internship (Virtual)
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s Central Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us!
Our paid 11-week paid internship program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Your experience will also include:
· Engagement & Exposure: Creativity, ingenuity, and innovation is the name of the game! As you get an inside look into the day-to-day operations of a cutting-edge media and technology company, you’ll work on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects with various business units. With many exhilarating experiences built into one internship, you will have the opportunity to take center stage and showcase your summer projects during the final Intern Showcase.
· Professional Development & Fun: You will have the opportunity to network with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and Intern Experience Days. Our 11-week internship program maintains a strong focus on professional growth and development. Interns will have the opportunity to be a part of a multitude of professional development sessions over the course of their summer. Through ULearn activities, like speaker series and skill-building workshops, you’ll jump-start your professional development. In addition, collaborative activities with your cohort of interns and networking opportunities with senior leaders will all be major aspects of the summer program.
The Human Resources Interns will assist full time coordinators and managers on a wide variety of projects. You can expect to be engaged in thought-provoking projects, cultivate meaningful relationships and gain exposure to the day-to-day human resources operations of a Fortune 500 media and technology company. The role will be focused on helping execute on significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational skills. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a 'customer-first' orientation to succeed.
You may also:
· Research and resolve issues related to HR processes that impact the employee experience
· Handle confidential information
· Assist with internal events for employees to promote company benefits and employee wellness
· Demonstrate strong ability to build relationships internally and externally
· Collaborate cross-functionally to achieve goals
· Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
· Assist with all HR reporting facets including creating and running ad-hoc reports
· Provide administrative and technical support to the Human Resources department on a variety of other functions
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
· Authorized to work in the United States of America
· Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week over 11 weeks
· Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
· Ability to work independently and in group settings
· Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations
· Currently pursuing a major in: Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field