HVAC Engineer (ID# 50474)
New York, NY
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Job Type: New Graduate
Minimum Experience: 0-2
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Properties & Buildings Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time HVAC Engineer for our New York, NY office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Design of air distribution systems
- Design of hydronic systems
- Scheduling and selecting major equipment
- Automatic temperature controls system design and specification
- Cooling/heating load calculations
- Construction administration
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-1 years of experience in HVAC systems design for the built environment
- Previous building design internship experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge of building and energy codes
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- EIT License or LEED certification is a plus
- Interest in innovative design, specifically in renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.