Business Analytics Internship (Virtual)
Business Analytics Internship (Virtual)
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s Central Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us!
Our 11-week paid internship program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Your experience will also include:
· Engagement & Exposure: Creativity, ingenuity, and innovation is the name of the game! As you get an inside look into the day-to-day operations of a cutting-edge media and technology company, you’ll work on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects with various business units. With many exhilarating experiences built into one internship, you will have the opportunity to take center stage and showcase your summer projects during the final Intern Showcase.
· Professional Development & Fun: You will have the opportunity to network with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and Intern Experience Days. Our 11-week internship program maintains a strong focus on professional growth and development. Interns will have the opportunity to be a part of a multitude of professional development sessions over the course of their summer. Through ULearn activities, like speaker series and skill-building workshops, you’ll jump-start your professional development. In addition, collaborative activities with your cohort of interns and networking opportunities with senior leaders will all be major aspects of the summer program.
The Business Analytics interns will assist full time project coordinators and managers on a variety of projects within the business. Prepare to be engaged in thought-provoking projects, experience a cutting-edge organization from the inside, gain professional development skills and have access to a wide range of mentorship and networking opportunities.
This exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment will help execute significant projects within the business; it requires exceptional organizational skills and a “customer-first” mindset to succeed.
You may also:
· Conduct analysis based on provided requirements, utilizing large datasets and complex business requirements that typically involves multiple analytical techniques to drive meaningful change on KPIs and objectives established by the stakeholder.
· Gather data through basic SQL or relational database querying, understanding what is necessary for scripts to return relevant data and incorporating basic performance tuning and best practices
· Demonstrate ownership in data gathering source choices and methodology
· Produces collection of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results in an easy to understand and storied manner and align with business needs. Maintain a focus on flow and context, ensuring analysis provides insights that tie to visuals and speaks to drivers and business strategy shifts where appropriate.
· Demonstrate the ability to clearly identify key insights through written communication within analysis
· Develop appropriate visuals for standard KPIs, recommending the best platform and design to answer the business need
· Review and polish analysis through iterative development, focusing on word choice, grammar and brand standards as well as participating in peer reviews
· Understands the importance, and basic elements, of project planning, and can create plan independently for familiar tasks
· Follows project plan and communicates progress/roadblocks proactively; understands and respects project timeline and requirements for different types of documentation.
· Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
· Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
· Authorized to work in the United States of America
· Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week over 11 weeks
· Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
· Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
· Ability to work independently and in group settings
· Graduation date between December 2021 and May 2022 highly preferred
· Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences, or campus organizations
· Prior exposure to the business analytics field through internship or work experience
· Currently pursuing a major in: Business, Business Analytics, Information Sciences, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
· Basic SQL and/or Teradata
· Basic Tableau and/or Power BI
· PowerPoint/Think-Cell and Excel
· Basic understanding of Data Models