Senior Semiconductor Packaging Assembly Process Engineer Lead (Mechanical Engineer)
Hands on Sustaining Sr. Semiconductor Packaging Assembly Process Engineer Lead to work for a High-Tech semiconductor Manufacturer in the Tucson, Area. Sr. Semiconductor Packaging Assembly Process Engineer Lead will ensure stable, robust, repeatable, sustainable and high yielding manufacturing processes and products are achieved, monitored and maintained.
Responsibilities include development, continuous improvement, and sustaining processes all in close partnership with Device and Integration Engineering as well as design teams. You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles, and responsibilities, engage and motivate engineering talent, define and set deliverables, plan resources, and achieve desired results. You will be expected to contribute technically, maintain an optimistic, can-do approach, and present status to executive level management. Excellent judgment, expertise in semiconductor processing, and leadership are essential to success in this role. The position reports to the Process Engineering Manager with 3 to 5 direct reports. Lead the team to monitor and control of the process. Improve the process or introduce new process and tools to improve yield, capacity and quality. Work with engineering team to develop new products. Work with engineering team to transfer new products or new process to production.
Position responsibilities include daily oversight of manufacturing operations, continuous improvement of operational processes including scheduling and executing production for Back End Process. Conducts studies in operations to optimize workflow and space utilization. Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
Location: Tucson, AZ
- Responsible for Back End Process management.
- Manage the process development procedure to ensure the transfer of process and products from the development phase to production release is completed successfully and on schedule.
- Develop, monitor and maintain department Key Performance Indicators in line with internal and external customer needs.
- Promote safety awareness, accident prevention and employee involvement with regards to safe work environment.
- Provide effective people management through the provision of coaching/mentoring and appropriate development planning to ensure the retention of key personnel.
- Prepare operating budgets to maintain engineering and manufacturing capability to support business demands of the back end. Maintain focus on cost control for all back end activities and proactively encourage cost reduction and lean manufacturing principles.
- Lead and participate in engineering activities to specify, support and improve final assembly processes for production including documentation, process controls, training and support
- Define, direct and engage in engineering development of new fabrication processes to support R&D roadmap and transition to production.
- Implement and support an effective program for process monitoring and controls (SPC) and continuous improvements.
- Creating weekly yield reports using statistical tools.
- Creating and maintaining work standards using work measurement, and dynamic and static capacity and cost simulation models.
- Workflow optimization through creating and implementing in-process kanbans models.
- Working with materials manager for supply chain optimization and inventory minimization through creating and implementing raw material kanbans.
- Design of Experiments (DOE) and data analysis to support engineering efforts to improve product design and manufacturability.
- Performance measurement and analysis to monitor and improve manufacturing.
- Applying various statistical methods to improve reproducibility and manufacturability through Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) , Control Plan and Gage R&R studies.
- Data analysis and improvements to manufacturing capabilities.
- Work with information technology department to improve database structures and collection methods to improve manufacturing.
- Cost and net worth analysis to evaluate capital expenditures for expansion scenarios.
- Maximize space utilization through layout evaluation, design, and improvements, using design software such as AutoCAD.
- Arrange and maintain facility and equipment unscheduled and preventive maintenance activities to minimize manufacturing downtime.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with applicable departments and suppliers to evaluate potential new processes and materials to improve cost, yield, reliability and quality.
- Drive identification and implementation of process improvements to increase yield and reduce operating costs.
- Identify new hardware requirements to meet the developing process/customer needs. Ensure these requirements are addressed appropriately with regard to specifications, budget constraints, supplier identification and thorough evaluation.
- Develop, modify and/or continuously improve manufacturing process and procedures to enable higher productivity, reduced scrap, and improved quality.
- Must have a B.S. or M.S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field with minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Must have knowledge of process of semiconductor lasers. Communication and managing skills are required
- Clean room manufacturing environment, experience working in cleanrooms and labs
- Exposure to medium to long term projects
- Preferred experience within the semiconductor industry (oven, wire bonding, lead frame design, SMT, reflowing, among other processes)
- Experience with New Product Introduction. Strong verbal, written, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership capabilities to drive and deliver results through motivating cross-cultural teams.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and statistical software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Appreciation of both practical and theoretical methodologies.
- Experienced in equipment selection, commissioning and process set-up.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting guides, working documentation, safety.
- Knowledge of quality systems and reliability assessment.
- Strong SPC and DOE skill set and experience.
- Experience with Lean and 5S programs. Experience with Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Detailed working knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes, including wet and dry etching, thin films, moderate scale photolithography.
- Proven track record in program management and technical team leadership.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and
- in a team environment
- This position is located in the United States and will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
[NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.]