Summer 2022 Sales (Trade Marketing) Internship *Opportunities Nationwide*
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TRADE MARKETING INTERNS
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
FUNCTION: Marketing – Trade Marketing & Distribution - Field
LOCATION: Opportunities Available Nationwide
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Territory Manager (TM) Interns are charged to learn and embody Reynolds Marketing Services Company’s (“RMSC”) strategic vision of redefining the tobacco industry. RMSC’s Territory Manager Interns, with the guidance of mentors, are responsible for representing the company in the sale, marketing and promotion of its full portfolio of products and programs while engaging both retail outlets and adult nicotine consumers.
The TM Intern position allows individuals to work alongside full-time RMSC employees as they consistently demonstrate their entrepreneurial approach in the selling and execution of our brand marketing plans to utilizing the 5P marketing mix; Product Availability, Promotions, Presence, Pricing, and Personal Selling.
Each Territory Manager Intern is provided exceptional training. This includes comprehensive industry learning and coaching support that enables individuals to demonstrate their strengths. The company demonstrates this commitment by empowering employees to challenge conventional thinking and creates an environment for innovative problem solvers.
Independent judgment/decision-making, influencing/sales skills, strong organization, time management and data-analysis skills are key essentials to the position of a full-time Territory Manager. During the Internship Program, Interns will be exposed to training surrounding these skills to best prepare for a career at RMSC.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Participates in a full-time, 40-hour work week Internship Program for 10 weeks.
- Collaborates with other Division and Region teams.
- Develops superior product knowledge and, under mentor guidance, effectively educates and engages adult nicotine customers in dialogue about our portfolio of nicotine products.
- Learns about product sales, distribution, and consumer marketing brand strategies.
- In collaboration with current employees, calls on established traditional and non-traditional retail outlets (c-gas, tobacco shops, convenience stores) while building relationships with store managers/owners.
- Actively promotes the marketing mix driving performance against assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and brand measures.
- Develop and present a strategic business analysis project addressing real business opportunities and creating action plans against those opportunities.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to implement your ideas and perspectives in order to drive industry transformation?
- Are you a goal-oriented individual who thrives in collaborative team settings?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, marketing, sales or other related field
- Established ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Transformational Demeanor: effectively exhibits change agility, translates vision into impactful plans, challenges the status quo, manages ambiguity, simplifies, and prioritizes tasks
- Inspiring Leadership: drives alignment, sets clear expectations to elevate individual and team performance, and identify, lead and support initiatives that challenge prevailing attitudes and current processes
- Ability to communicate with and engage retail customers and adult nicotine consumers in person
- Innovative problem solver with strong communication skills
- Previous experience in a marketing focused role - preferably in sales, field market trade or business-to-business
- Geographically mobile
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.