Business Development Strategist | Full-Time, Atlanta-Based Position
READY TO BECOME MORE OPTIMISTIC?
Online Optimism is seeking an Atlanta-based Business Development Strategist to join our growing team. You would act as the face of Online Optimism in Atlanta, working to develop connections (and potential clients) as we work to help small and medium sized businesses promote themselves better online.
We see business development as a mix of inbound marketing, and old-school sales through handshakes and conversations. We don’t do cold calls, and never will. Your leads will come from:
- Our inbound marketing strategies that provide us with numerous local leads per month.
- Relationships that you build from networking.
- Responding to RFPs.
- Your previous contacts in the city.
In addition to bringing the leads to Online Optimism, your responsibilities include working with our creative teams to develop the proposals, as well as managing the kickoff meetings where we transition communication over to our account teams. You’ll be managed by our Business Development Director at our headquarters in New Orleans, and working alongside our CEO in our DC offices.
Your end goals align with our company’s vision: to be the agency that companies want to work with, and people aspire to work for.
Your position will revolve around the following tasks:
- 50% generating new leads, and contacts, in Georgia. This will include attending networking events, joining community groups, and building out your LinkedIn network.
- 30% working on our business development proposals. This will include assessing an organization’s digital marketing strategies, auditing analytics, creating mock-ups, and crafting campaign strategies.
- 10% crafting resources to help increase our inbound lead generation in Georgia. This includes creating valuable resources such as whitepapers, guides, how-tos, webinars, and more.
- 10% Pitching proposals face-to-face with potential leads in Atlanta.
SINCE THIS JOB REQUIRES FACE-TO-FACE COMMUNICATION, WE ARE REQUIRING APPLICANTS TO BE VACCINATED, UNLESS YOU HAVE RELIGIOUS OR MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS.
In order to be considered, you are required to have:
- 1 – 4 years of business development or sales experience in Georgia.
- General knowledge of digital marketing, including search, social, and website design.
- Significant knowledge of Atlanta, and a love for helping businesses grow there.
While not 100% required, we would love to see these elements in your background:
- Previous sales experience in the Atlanta metro area.
- Previous sales experience in marketing/advertising.
- Previous work creating pitch decks.
- Google Workspace (specifically Slides and Sheets, or Excel) knowledge.
- Leadership in Atlanta-area community groups.
In addition, we don't expect applicants to have this on their resume, but they would be bonuses if you do:
- Any certifications in digital marketing (Google Analytics Individual Qualifications, Google Ads Certifications, Facebook Blueprint Certifications).
- Graphic Design experience with either the Adobe Creative Suite or tools like Canva.
- Previous strategy/insights work.
What’s It Like to Be an Optimist?
As a full-time employee, you’ll receive numerous benefits, and perks. In addition, we offer a flexible work environment that provides for both in-office and work from home opportunities, which you can learn more about here.
An overview of being an Optimist is here:
- Annual salary paid weekly.
- ~ $1,000 Tech stipend (depends on your city.)
- Health and Dental Insurance for you and any Dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism.
- Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
- 29 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 14 holidays. This includes New Year’s Eve + Day, three days for Mardi Gras, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas Eve + Day. The three days for Mardi Gras, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve + Day are considered floating if desired.
- Unlimited sick time.
- Summer Fridays (which, at our agency, are 4 extra half-days you get over the summer).
- Simple IRA retirement plan, with 3% matching from Online Optimism.
- Casual dress code.
- Endless office snacks. We’re not just talking about fun-size candy bars, either. Kombucha, lox, Red Bull, Clif Bars, organic fruit freezer pops, guacamole…if it’s available at Costco, we’ll get it for you.
- Top-of-the-line computers to work on (in addition to our $50K annual software spend). We’ll get you the tech you need to do your job well.
- Flexible work hours: 8–4, 8:30–4:30, 9–5, or 10–6.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- Annual Company Retreat, rotating between our three office locations.
- Annual Company DEI Training.
- A half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
- Lack of non-compete.
You receive additional benefits after some time at Online Optimism:
- After your first year: Paid Maternity (16 weeks, 100% salary) and Paternity/Adoptive (8 weeks, 100% salary) Leave
- After three years: all expenses paid trip to conferences (assuming, you know, there’s not a global pandemic going on in 2024.)
- After five years: An increase from 15 to 20 days of paid vacation.