Marketing Intern - Summer 2022
Avient is seeking a summer intern to join the Corporate Marketing team. The Marketing Internship provides a current undergraduate student with project opportunities within key areas of marketing. During their assignments they will establish relationships with peers and leaders, learn marketing fundamentals and receive feedback from their program manager.
· Complete projects within key marketing functions with Avient marketing teams
· Gain an understanding of the various Avient businesses from a financial, operational, and strategic standpoint. This position is intended to be a stepping stone for future marketing roles within the organization.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams across business units.
· Provide market intelligence on trends, customers, competitors and other factors affecting key Avient industries to support management decisions.
· Gain experience working with Avient’s marketing communications activities including: digital marketing, social media, collateral development, sales tools, promotion and tradeshows.
· Interact with Senior Management, build relationships with other employees across the globe and make a difference in Avient’s future success.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Currently a rising Senior pursuing a BA/BS degree with emphasis in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
· Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
· Relevant internship experience is preferred.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to acquire, assimilate, and analyze data from multiple data sources using a variety of business intelligence and reporting tools.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as take initiative.
· Team player with strong project coordination and organization skills required.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.