Customer Operations Analyst Internship 2022
A Day in the Life of a Customer Operations Analyst Intern
A Customer Operation Analyst intern is a high performing candidate with business and analytical skillsets. Our interns will be introduced to many aspects of railroad operations and the role that Norfolk Southern plays in the supply chain of America’s industry. Assignments may include data mining, statistical analysis, operational metrics and measurement, simulation or mathematical modeling. Our interns will work on several projects through to implementation during their 10 -12 week cycle. They will work with a group of professionals who provide ideas, oversight, and vision for the corporation as a whole. Through this experience, candidates will be in the crossroads of railroad service operations and data analytics.
What makes a successful Customer Operations Analyst Intern?
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Solid interpersonal skills along with the ability to receive and grow from constructive feedback
- Ability to manage time, prioritize work demands effectively, and meet deadlines without sacrificing standards of work
- Ability to interact with various levels of management while being positive and professional
- Excellent customer service skills including conflict resolution
- Willingness to learn railroad operations to effectively manage their role
- Willingness to perform all duties while working various shifts that support a 24/7 operation
- Willingness to study reference materials, ask questions and resolve problems
Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) - $2,800/ month
Junior (60 to 89 credits) - $3,000/month
Senior (90 or more credits) - $3,300/month
Graduate Student - $3,666/month
*Living stipend of $850/month is available to those who qualify.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Preferred Degree Paths: Supply Chain Logistics, Business, Liberal Arts, Information Systems and majors in similar fields of study will be considered