Private Equity Analyst Summer Intern
Private Equity Analyst Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Madison, WI
Hands on experience can set you apart in a competitive job market. Our formalized Internship Program is designed to lead students down the path to a successful career in investment management. As an integral part of our high performing team, you will be able to apply what you have learned in the classroom and gain new skills in a dynamic and challenging professional setting.
This Internship is based in Madison, WI and starts June 2022 and runs through August 2022 with the possibility of extending into the 2022-2023 school year. You will focus on project-driven work that has a direct impact on the Alternative Investments (private equity) portfolio.
Under the direction of the Managing Director of Alternatives Investments, the Internship will involve working closely with the firm’s investment professionals in conducting the due diligence, underwriting analysis and on-going monitoring of alternative investment opportunities and sponsors, both pipeline as well as actual portfolio holdings. In addition, the internship will include conducting investment/securities/economic related research, analysis, and strategy process for assigned area.
· Pursuing a Bachelor, MS or MBA Degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Passion for financial markets, with an interest in alternative assets (private equity investing)
· Financial statement analysis experience is helpful
· Ability to independently, as well as collaboratively, conduct research and analysis necessary to understand and evaluate the relative attractiveness of relevant factors for alternative investment strategies in income-oriented and multiple-oriented limited partnerships.
· Alternative investments and/or private placements analysis experience is helpful
· Having sat for or having the intention to sit for at least level one of the CAIA and/or CFA exams would be preferred