Voyage Internship Program -Retail Banking
Voyage Internship Program (V.I.P.) Retail
Human Resources & VP of Retail Banking
15-Week Program, designed to educate and train interns on all parts of finance and banking. Assists the Retail LOB with the day-to-day retail and commercial customer deposits, withdrawals and various banking transactions. This position are responsible for providing exceptional customer service and providing assistance or referring to the appropriate team member when necessary.
Duties and responsibilities
- Process financial transactions with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality with attention to security and compliance.
- Process debit cards, including pin resets, ordering, and replacing cards.
- Accept debit card disputes and submit to Deposit Operations Department appropriately.
- Enhance customer experience by accepting stop payments, address changes, check orders, etc.
- Learn how to process applications for new business and consumer deposit accounts and assist customers with all servicing aspects of maintaining their deposit accounts.
- Help RBM or RBSM conducts branch self-audits and supervises the compilation of all reports.
- Help with Internet Banking lockouts and password resets.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Current junior or senior year college student in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program with a major in Finance/Business, Accounting or Economics, or related area.
- Interest in banking and finance.
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking.
- Must be articulate and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Takes initiative, self-motivated, resourceful and a team player.
At the end of the 15-week internship the intern will give a brief presentation the Executive Team on what was learned and feedback on the overall experience.
- Office environment, but may have infrequent occasion to work outdoors
- Work week is Monday through Friday.
- Some travel may be necessary to customers and branch locations
- Offsite training or conferences may be necessary, with the possibility of overnight travel
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.