Finance & Accounting Intern - Summer 2022
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
•This is a Summer 2022 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2022 internships are not available at this time.
•Recruitment and application consideration will be on a continuous basis throughout Fall 2021 and early Winter 2022.
•Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
•Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2022.
•Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
•Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
*Note - You are applying to a general Finance and Accounting Intern position, not a specific open role. This job posting is an advertisement for all PayPal Summer Finance and Accounting Internship opportunities that will be opened throughout the Fall and Winter but will not be posted directly to our career site. Students who apply to this position will be contacted by a recruiter if they are selected to interview for a specific intern role. At that point, the intern candidate will receive the specific position details for review.
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate, and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion, and wellness.
Finance and Accounting professionals at PayPal manage the planning, reporting and operations of financials. As an essential member of the Finance and Accounting teams, you’ll work closely with both engineering and business functions to plan and report on financials, transaction loss, and operating expenses. Partnering with financial analysts responsible for risk management, you’ll develop an understanding of the monthly financial process, operating rhythm, and business insights. We’re looking for self-starters with a keen eye for detail and a sharp sense for strong business decisions. In this position you will play a key role in long-term strategic planning, business analysis, annual budget building and ongoing reporting/planning.
- Assist with annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Assist with month, quarter & year-end close activities and reporting processes
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and business case modeling as per business requirements
- Engage in continuous process improvement efforts to streamline financial planning and budget management processes for efficiency and accuracy
- Have an inherent interest in Finance/Accounting and great business acumen
- Be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and partner with different teams
- A great communicator with focus and attention to details
- Problem solver
- Great analytical skills (such as Trend & Variance Analysis)
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with the following will be beneficial; SAP / Tableau / Python / BPC