Finance and Accounting Interns - Summer of 2022
We are looking for Finance & Accounting Interns for the summer of 2022! Each Intern will work in one key area of the finance team below for the duration of the summer. Option to be remote or hybrid depending on candidate location.
Possible areas could include:
Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) - Gain experience within SG&A financial analysis and corporate financial planning. Tasks include updating investor consensus models, cost center reporting, budget/forecast consolidation, peer and competitor benchmarking, and executive management reporting.
Marketing/Brand Finance - Finance partner to Brand Marketing teams. Provide reporting on respective SBU and retailer performance. Analyze product lines/SKUs, build P&Ls for existing portfolios and new product launches.
Sales Finance - Provide financial support to Sales Organization. Assist in financial reporting to highlight retailer performance. Analyze sales and POS data to help aid decision making. Track retailer promotions and trade spend.
Supply Chain Finance - Provide financial support for Manufacturing, Distribution, Procurement Operations and Inventory Management. Create, update, and analyze financial reports. Collaborate within the supply chain finance team to complete monthly close, special projects and support budget and forecast activities.
Tax (Income/Transaction) - Emphasis on federal, state and international tax reporting, providing support for tax accounting and transfer pricing. Prepare assigned corporate tax returns and other reporting requirements. Learn the tax return preparation process.
Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting - Update policy, gather support, and organize/refine the workbooks that the reporting team uses to compose public documents. Interns in the executive financial reporting unit assist with the preparation and filing of all SEC Documents.
Internal Audit - Assist the Internal Audit Team in planning, performing, and reporting on financial (SOX) and operational audits. Interns benefit from exposure to all levels of company management, the daily operations of the company, and to our external auditors.
The ideal candidate will have a strong balance of quantitative analytical skills, creativity and business acumen. In addition, he/she will have demonstrated initiative, time management skills, flexibility and the ability to interact effectively with multiple business partners & functions.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Gain exposure to enterprise information systems (SAP/BW) for data analysis.
- Utilize enterprise information systems for significant data analysis on customer sales, product sales, profitability, and trends. Work closely with cross-functional partners and management to create reporting related to these items.
- Assist in monthly accounting processes including month-end close, analysis of monthly results and preparation of monthly forecasts & annual budget.
- Assistance with annual physical inventory process.
- Visualize data using Tableau and other software.
- Analyze data for trends and insights.
- Participate in statistical analysis projects.
- Present data-driven recommendations.
- Provide support for annual budgeting process.