UX Design Xtern - The Ultimate Internship Experience
USER EXPERIENCE (UX) DESIGN INTERNSHIPS
The Indianapolis Tech Ecosystem seeks passionate students to work as UX Design Interns in the summer of 2022. In this role you will work alongside experienced designers to actively contribute to meaningful projects and gain valuable experience. This is an opportunity to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom and develop the skills you’ll need for the next step in your career.
WORK AT A RAPIDLY-GROWING TECH COMPANY
The Xtern program places you with a high-growth tech company for a 10-week, full time, paid internship over the summer with free housing. Xtern finalists will interview with three-to-five potential tech companies for their internship on November 12th, 2021.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
- A portfolio which demonstrates conceptual skills with a range of visual styles
- Ability to understand agile workflows and iteratively design user experiences that meet user needs.
- Familiar with user experience and/or product design in using design best practices to design solutions
- Interest in expert systems and data-dense software
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and non-designers (product managers)
- Ability to self-manage time and work
JOIN US FOR THE BEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE
There is more to your life than school, and there should be more to your internship than work. Xtern is the whole package. Work alongside industry leaders at Indy’s fastest-growing tech companies, live and make friends with more than 100 other Xterns from around the country, and experience why Indy is such an awesome place to live.
- Professional Networking and Skills Development: When you join the tech community in Indianapolis, you join a community of artists, makers, and technologists who are passionate about helping each other create the best product, affect the most change, and be the best builders they can be. Through newly-developed, specialized training tracks based on your professional interests, we plug you into that community from day one.
- Civic Engagement: In Xtern, we believe in making a big impact – both in our companies and in our community. We want to help you change the world for the better, one great idea at a time. Whether you're helping the city pursue some of its most challenging problems or teaching the next generation of kids to code, you'll have support to dive into any project.
- City Immersion: Experience the social and cultural scene that makes Indy such an awesome place to live with Xtern events across the 10-week internship program.
If you’re looking to make an impact on a growing tech community, be sure to apply online before the deadline, October 11th at 11:59 PM.
The Xtern Program also recruits for internship opportunities in the following roles:
• Business Analyst
• Data Science
• Devops/IT Networking
• Graphic Design
• Software Engineering
• Product and Project Marketing
• QA and Testing
• Technical Customer Success and Support