Administrative Fellow - Director's Office
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administrative Fellows have concurrent exposure to hospital operations and corporate administration in an integrated comprehensive regional academic health care delivery system. Fellows are responsible for completing administrative projects in various areas such as governance, medical staff development, operations, managed care, ambulatory care, policy, finance, planning and marketing. Fellows work closely with the executive team throughout the system (i.e., hospital and corporate level).
1. Attends and prepares minutes of weekly Administrators meetings.
2. Completes administrative rotation and attends various Administrative Medical Staff meetings.
3. Completes special projects as delegated by various administrators.
4. Conducts weekly patient satisfaction survey interviews.
5. Enhances professional expertise by attending professional seminars and workshops.
6. Prepares reports and summaries of activities for President and Executive Vice President and Vice Presidents.
Please provide the following items as "Attachments" to your online application :
Any letters of recommendations or transcripts that need to be sent directly to the respective UNC Fellowship program and can be emailed to the current fellow.
Please submit the following items in 1 PDF file:
2. Official Graduate school transcript
3. Three recommendation letters – at least one academic and one professional. These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. The letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
4. Personal Statement – Introduce yourself in a one-page personal statement regarding what you hope to achieve from a fellowship at one of our sites and what draws you to that particular site.
5. Your essay answering ONE of the following three prompts in no more than 300 words:
- If you were the CEO of UNC Health, what is the first thing you would do?
- Describe the environment in which you were raised-(your family, home, neighborhood, or community) and how it influenced the person you are today.
- Tell us about an achievement, not listed on your resume, of which you are most proud.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
- Actively pursuing a Master’s degree in a healthcare-related field with successful completion of Masters degree coursework.
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Directors Office
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes