2022 Finance Summer Internship
The purpose of the Internship Program is to introduce students to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers them the opportunity to contribute to business goals. Following the Internship, you may be invited to join Unilever as a Full-Time employee. This can be as part of Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP) or in rare circumstance a direct hire to the business.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Work with great people and great brands to do work that makes you proud every day. Unilever offers the chance to make a real positive impact within a purpose-driven sustainable business.
- You’re a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on new ways of thinking, and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
- You’re a dot connector: You are innovative, resourceful, willing to overcome challenges, and are motivated to improve or create something new.
- You’re a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
- You’re a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
- Finance Summer Interns will join one of the Finance areas aligned with our key business processes (brand management, sales, financial planning and reporting, accounting operations or operations/ supply chain). Interns will interact across key functional areas to lead a project with real impact to the business.
- By providing an integrated financial perspective on the impact of business decisions, the Intern makes recommendations and influences decisions that maximize value for the business. Typical Intern projects have included competitive analysis and benchmarking, product portfolio analysis and optimization, business process redesign and have all involved working across functions.
- What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Current college Junior level student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; an affinity for working with numbers and data is essential to be successful in Finance.
- The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership competencies, and strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; dedication and enthusiasm for work in a fast moving, dynamic environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; and the ability to understand complex business issues.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ability to relocate and willingness to work across the US, specifically Greater New York City Area.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required; along with an overall level of expertise in MS Office environments.
- Passion to pursue a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry.
- Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops: