Commodity Market Analyst Intern (Summer 2022)
DJJ is looking for an intern to join our Industrial Group Division for the summer. Our Brokerage group is the largest of its kind in North America. We are a commodities trader, Brokering Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap as well as Ferro Alloy Products both domestically and abroad. A DJJ Intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of Commodities Trading.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become knowledgeable in commodities trading, negotiating challenging situations, and understanding the right tactics to build rapport with various levels of customers. You will also learn aspects of logistics and supply chain management and how to work in a professional environment.
This is a paid internship based in St. Louis, MO and will run 9 weeks through the summer.
- Shadow experienced commodities traders and learn how they develop new and grow existing relationships with customers (both suppliers and consumers) to further strengthen relationships and create business opportunities.
- Interns will have the opportunity to strengthen team-building skills as they work with other teammates on assigned projects in areas such as logistics and supply chain management.
- Attend customer meetings and see the inner-workings of Manufacturing Facilities, Steel Mills and Scrap Yards.
- Participate in staff meetings and hands-on strategic planning.
- Undergraduate student in the St. Louis area who is majoring in a Business Major such as Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Economics.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a drive for success.