Healthy Hearts Active Lives Exercise Tech - Southeast YMCA
FLSA Status: Part-time
Reports to: Healthy Hearts and Active Lives Director
Is responsible for performing and being familiar with clerical, participant care and education, public and physician relations, and administrative aspects of Cardiopulmonary Rehab and WISE is directed by the Rehab Director or other superior staff member.
- Level of knowledge: Basic vital signs of participants. Knowledge exercise leadership, anatomy and physiology recommended, but may be learned on the job. During orientation phase, MUST complete CPR, New Staff, BBP, and Daily duties check-off list.
- Minimum Work Experience: Participant contact experience highly desirable, but not required. If not member with health care team, self-motivation is essential for familiarization of participant situations.
- Interpersonal Skills: Highly motivated individuals with interpersonal skills necessary to relate positively with HHAL class participants, and other YMCA staff.
Serving the member is our first priority, the purpose of our work, and the key to our success!
- Participant Care and Education – Assists with monitoring of participant’s vital signs and EKG; participant orientation and education skills as apply to each participant’s needs and medical history; emergency medical skills as required in a code situation, notify director in case of changes.
- Clerical – General maintenance of supplies and equipment, recording of participant information on exercise chart; progress noting on participants.
- Public and Physician Relations – Acts as representative and liaison to community and physicians in reference to Rehab, education, and participant well-being.
- Administrative – Involved in long/short term goals for program, recommendations for changes or additions to program and program equipment, quality assurance.
- Class Leadership – Begin class ON TIME. Lead a series of exercises with gentle warm-ups, flexibility stretches, balance, resistance, and cool-down, suitable for this population. Be able to modify exercises for those with special needs. Motivate participants to exercise at suitable aerobic exercise levels.
- Must be able to perform exercises and lead with enthusiasm and care.
- Must be able to move up and down to and from the floor to provide CPR and other emergency care.
The YMCA of Monroe County, founded on Christian principles, is a charitable organization with an inclusive environment committed to enriching the quality of family, spiritual, social, mental and physical well-being. Through group exercise classes, youth programs, swim lessons, adult health programs, and more, we aim to build a healthier Monroe County. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.