Medical Data Entry
About our T.E.A.M:
Alteas Health is a rapidly growing, innovative dynamic company looking for a passionate, self-starting, skilled individual who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to join our T.E.A.M. We are on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of care. Founded on the principle that timely, focused healthcare is key to delivering enhanced clinical outcomes and cost saving; Alteas Health is a proven leader in standardizing specialty care in Senior Care Facilities located in Illinois, Indiana Kansas, Missouri, or Wisconsin.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Financial Operations, and Directors of Operations and Clinical Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for various office tasks, as well as relieves a provider of their clerical duties, thereby allowing them to focus their attention on providing the best care to the patient.
· Assist executive team and billing department
· Respond to various tasks as directed by the provider(s)
· Prepare medical records, send patient statements, verify patient eligibility.
· Maintain documents: compiling, copying, scanning, and sorting medical records, EMR logins
· Assist the provider(s) in navigating the EMR
· Locate information for review (i.e., previous notes, reports, test results, and laboratory results)
· Research information requested by the provider(s)
· Identify mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation to reduce errors
· Oversee clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail/faxes
· Manage office communications: answering phones, transferring, delivering messages.
· Schedule appointments and arrange meetings, set up conference room for meetings (virtual)
· Keep office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
· Maintain client, patient, and employee confidentiality
· High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
· 1 year of experience in Medical Assisting or Administration
· 1 year of Medical Scribe Experience
· Proficiency in MS Office, EMR software, and PCC
· Knowledge of Medical Terminology
· Typing speed of 40wpm of greater
· Ability to form grammatically correct sentences
· 2+ years of Medical Scribe Experience
· 2+ years of EMR and PCC Experience
· 2+ years of Cardiology/Pulmonary Office Experience
· 2+ years of Geriatric Care Experience
· 2+ years of Long-Term Care Experience
· Extensive knowledge of Medical Terminology
· Typing speed of 55wpm or great
· Demonstrate good judgment and problem solving.
· Effective planning, communication and organizational skills
Alteas Health is dedicated to contributing to the success of our T.E.A.M by providing:
· Direct lines of communication to Leadership Team and Clinical Team
· Mentoring programs
· Insurance Benefits (waiting period may apply)
· Competitive Salary
· Flexible Schedules
· Weekly Covid-19 testing kits
We provide specialized, focused care for patients where and when they need it.