Financial Auditor Internship- Summer 2022
Summer Internship - Ohio Auditor of State
Are you looking for a meaningful opportunity or career to help improve the lives of average Ohioans?
As Ohio’s chief compliance officer, the Auditor of State’s office is tasked with making Ohio governments more efficient, effective and transparent. We are currently searching for students available to work full-time or part-time throughout the Fall Semester. Partial remote work may be allowed.
About Auditor of State
Our office offers a dynamic approach to career development, whether you are beginning your professional pursuits or you're a seasoned professional looking to build a meaningful career in public service.
With a statewide staff of more than 800 auditors and other professionals, the Auditor of State’s office is responsible for auditing all public offices in Ohio – more than 5,800 entities -- including cities, counties, villages, townships, schools, state universities and public libraries as well as all state agencies, boards and commissions.
- Hands on work with full-time audit staffs- receive the same duties as entry level auditors.
- Full-time or part-time work throughout an entire semester.
- Interns will learn auditing techniques and gain insight into government operations.
- Positions are available Statewide.
- Fast track to full time employment- interns have an inside track to permanent positions after graduation.
- Full-time or part-time (flexible options)
- Partial Remote work options
- Compressed Work Schedules (create a work/life balance second to none)
- Competitive Pay ($15.96/hour)
- Permanent positions (we often transition our fellows to full-time employees after graduation)
- Communication skills necessary to succeed in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Ability to succeed in a project-based environment with deadlines
- Current enrollment in undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university
- Good academic standing
- Coursework includes at least 4 accounting specific classes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must attend an accredited college or university and be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Students pursuing a degree in accounting are preferred. Applicant must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and will undergo a pre-employment background check.
The Auditor of State is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, age (40 years or more), ancestry, disability, military status, genetics or veteran status (Vietnam, Desert Storm/Shield, or Disabled).