Master of Social Work Intern - Case Manager
Title: Master of Social Work Intern - Case Manager
Program: Center for Jewish Care
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Reports to: Program Manager
Overview: The Center for Jewish Care provides culturally competent coaching, resource navigation, and a variety of integrated services including mental health navigation, direct financial assistance, food and transportation to Jewish community members of all ages that are struggling to maintain economic and social-emotional stability as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a MSW Intern, you will play a critical role in the continuum of supportive services, providing necessary support for clients within community. This position will coordinate care for individuals within JFS and beyond, assist clients in navigating resource systems, and break down services to manageable goals to establish patterns of success. The MSW Intern will coordinate appropriate services and provide coaching and ongoing support in order for each client to attain and maintain self-sufficiency. The MSW Intern will provide care that is client-centered and outcome-oriented.
What You Will Do:
- Provide ongoing case management, coaching, and care coordination services to designated caseload.
- Provide comprehensive assessments of each client, identifying areas of need and partnering with clients to develop individual plans to set and achieve realistic and time specific personal goals.
- Act as the client's consistent touchpoint and cross-team coordinator to monitor continued progress in other JFS services.
- Provide coaching to stabilize immediate mental health crises with improved coping skills while also navigating towards longer-term community providers and insurance-eligible counseling and support groups.
- Provide coaching on soft skills related to seeking employment, including resume reviews, interview preparation, and job search skills.
- Consult and coordinate with Jewish community leaders and other secular partners to establish a warm hand-off.
- Monitor client progress to determine effectiveness of service delivery and to assess progress towards individual goals and objectives.
- Maintain client information and case documentation in a confidential and professional manner in software system with integrity and in line with the quality standard set by supervisor
- Participate in maintaining a network of services and resources for clients in San Diego County
- Attend to telephone calls, assessing each situation and screening for high-risk situations
- Attend program related meetings including agency’s case consultation meetings, grant progress meetings, and staff meetings.
- Be enrolled in a MSW program
- Demonstrate persistence in finding resources that address the multi-factored impacts of poverty
- Understand importance of setting limits when working with clients experiencing some level of crisis and stress
- Be able to show an unconditional positive regard for clients who turn to JFS for support
- Be able to work with multiple software systems, including complex case management database
- Desire to work in an integrated team environment