Economics tutors offer academic support to currently enrolled UW-Parkside students who are in need of assistance with understanding and learning course concepts. The ideal candidate will be proficient in economics up to and including Econ 121, and must be able to convey that knowledge via spoken and written word. The tutor provides support and guidance tailored to each student’s needs.
· Completed one year of college level coursework preferably at UW-Parkside
· Enrolled for credit at UW-Parkside
· Suggested cumulative GPA of at least a 2.8; priority consideration given to those with a 3.0 GPA.
· Received an A or B in course/s you wish to tutor
· Must have completed Econ 120, 121
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Serve as a role model
· A desire to want to help others learn
· Ability to work in a team
· Friendly and approachable
· Strong work ethic