At Sax, we are driven by our ability to turn every client’s dream into a reality. We are a forward-thinking multi-disciplinary accounting, tax, and advisory firm serving the needs of closely held companies, family-owned businesses, not-for-profit entities, government and high-net-worth individuals. We are dedicated to providing an environment that offers growth, stability and advancement opportunities, in a team member driven culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded. We have everything you need for a dynamic career!
We are looking for an Entry Level Tax Associate to join our November 2022 Parsippany, New Jersey or NYC team! The essential duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Prepare projections, provisions and returns with accuracy and according to firm policies
- Prepare tax returns, organize work papers, maintain open item list and conduct self-review of work before submission to reviewer
- Ability to organize facts, analyze, interpret information and perform basic research
- Identify and develop alternatives for issues and consult with in-charge and/or partner
- Master firm’s tax software, research technology tools and related products to accomplish work efficiently
- Proactively manage assignments, clients and workload
Must be motivated, have the ability to multi-task and be organized. Maintain a positive attitude; be cooperative and flexible about the type of work assigned and in assisting other team members with assignments. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1-2 years of work experience
- B.A./B.S. degree in Accounting
- Basic experience in preparation of individual and flow through entity returns
- Knowledge of foundation returns a plus
- Basic understanding of tax law
Sax LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.