Entry Level Accounting and Audit Associate
At Sax, we are driven by our ability to turn every client’s dream into a reality. We are a forward-thinking multi-disciplinary accounting, tax, and financial services consulting firm serving the needs of closely held companies, family-owned businesses, not-for-profit entitles, government and high-net-worth individuals. We are dedicated to providing an environment that offers growth, stability and advancement opportunities, in a team member driven culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded. We have everything you need for a dynamic career!
We are seeking Entry Level A&A Associates to join our November 2022 class in the Parsippany, NJ and Pennington, NJ offices. This role will use basic knowledge of accounting and tax to assist in audits, compilations, reviews, and tax return preparation. Understand and support the Firm's core business services and client service capabilities. Contribute technical and interpersonal skills to meeting and exceeding client service expectations.
- Read prior year financial statements and client's website and actively seek out information from team members to gain an understanding of the client's business and industry to better service them
- Focus on developing a good rapport with client personnel and clearly communicate requests and questions through appropriate lines of communication
- Recognize client expectations for deadlines, deliverables, client protocol, etc.
- Communicate client concerns or issues to appropriate team member and provide input for suitable response
Expertise and Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products, Firm programs and tools such as Caseware, CCH Practice time entry, GoFileRoom, ProSystems and other accounting resource tools such as McGladrey portal and Accounting Research Manager (ARM)
- Understand the risk based audit approach and the assertions applicable to assigned areas
- Understand the basic attest services (i.e. compilation, review, audit)
- Begin to use problem solving and analytical skills to interpret and evaluate information
- Apply an appropriate level of professional skepticism in performing audit procedures, and take proper approach when interacting with clients
- Possess a general knowledge of tax law in order to prepare basic individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns
- Learn to apply accounting, auditing, or tax knowledge from one client to the next; seek and identify opportunities for developing efficiencies in work performed
Firm Economics and Business Growth
- Understand the importance of the overall budget and communicate any overages to the in-charge
- Demonstrate awareness of the Firm’s business services and client service capabilities
- Be aware of charge hour expectations and make efficient use of non-chargeable time (i.e. studying for the CPA exam, reading industry specific material, ARM updates, etc.)
Professional and Personal Growth
- Demonstrate self-awareness of personal strengths and development areas
- Take the initiative to be a team player and seek out opportunities to help others
- Hold oneself accountable for assigned work; seek continuous feedback from team members and in-charges
- Begin to take ownership of personal career goals and seek out assistance from team members to help achieve aspirations (i.e. actively work towards CPA certification, join associations and professional networks)
Must be motivated, have the ability to multi-task and be organized. Maintain a positive attitude; be cooperative and flexible about the type of work assigned and in assisting other team members on assignments. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Less than 1 year of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Completion of 150 credit hours by November 2022.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have a basic knowledge of accounting, auditing and tax software.
SAX LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.