Arium, part of AIR Worldwide, is looking for a highly passionate and analytical individual to join the Data Science team in Boston. Arium tackles problems that are data poor and considered complex or unpredictable to create cutting-edge models of commercial liability risks for the global insurance and reinsurance community. As a key member of the Data Science team, you will collaborate with colleagues and partners at AIR Worldwide and across the reinsurance industry to enhance the ability of our product to identify, quantify, and manage catastrophic emerging liability risks. You will get to participate in every aspect of our model development cycle, from gathering requirements to scoping, research, development, testing, validation, and productization.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Be a key contributor to the team responsible for delivering cutting edge models to simulate catastrophic liability losses
- Develop Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools for parsing legal documents to create new modeling features and enhance our existing data sets
- Build and validate stochastic models of historical losses, run probabilistic modeling simulations of catastrophe scenarios, and validate model output
- Gather new and relevant data and apply cutting edge Data Science techniques to incorporate it into our simulation framework
- Update and monitor the quality of our primary data sets
- Participate in client studies and consulting projects, respond to client questions, and ensure that models meet client needs and adhere to regulatory standards