UWM TechStore Student Sales Associate (Beginner)
A UWM TechStore sales associate will provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Sales associates have an emphasis on product knowledge, providing information on product features, and knowing related items to recommend and follow through on a transaction. Associates in this position know how to greet, qualify, recommend and close every customer in their department, and know how to communicate with colleagues in adjacent departments.
Qualifications and Expectations:
Acceptable candidates should have working knowledge of Apple OSX and Microsoft Windows and applicable software. Acceptable candidates should be very detail oriented, possess good organizational abilities and demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills. He or she should also be able to work effectively both with and without direct supervision and be willing to “multi-task.” Clients include students, faculty, and staff.
Abide by all UITS work rules/practices specifically outlined but not limited to the Student Employment Handbook and handbooks and/or rules outlined by your department.
Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Support the Sales Manager by learning and assisting in the daily operations of the storage facility as requested and assuming responsibility during the Sales Manager’s absence. Strive for seamless daily operations.
- Willingness to quickly become a member of the team and to become personally invested in getting the job done in anticipation of seeing the UWM TechStore and its customers succeed.
- Maintain excellent facility appearance and cleanliness.
- Continual training in Apple and Dell products and solutions.
Minimum Class Required:
Technical training as designated by Supervisor
Professional Development Requirement:
- Attend all required Professional Development Training
- Read books, periodicals, and internal documentation to improve knowledge of the information technology and future trends
- Attend classes, training, and workshops to increase IT knowledge and other relevant skills as designated by professional development
Minimum of 6 hours/week availability (Mon - Fri, 10:00am – 4:00pm)
UWM TechStore in the UWM Student Union
UWM TechStore Manager
UWM TechStore Manager
It is the responsibility of this position and individual, as a University of Wisconsin Milwaukee employee, to ensure the security and confidentiality of customer records and information; protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records; and protect against unauthorized access to or use of such records or information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer.