Production Control Specialist
NATURAL FIBER WELDING, INC.
Located in Peoria, Illinois, Natural Fiber Welding, Inc. (NFW) produces a scalable and sustainable universe of peerless high-performance materials created from abundant natural sources. NFW is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas, and the desire to commercialize new products from nature and is comprised of a team of scientists, engineers, and business leaders that are inspired to impact the world. We are looking for exceptional talent who can contribute to our exciting and fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
Production Control Specialist
The Production Control Specialist is the process expert within NFW and is relied upon to provide coordination of activities related to the commercialization of new products to assure consistency between technology platforms. The Production Control Specialist develops manufacturing schedules and balances resources required to fulfill demand. Additionally, the Production Control specialist is critical in the communication of production status, assuring that product structures are documented completely and correctly, accurate collection of performance metrics (KPI's) and the preparation of team and executive communication of performance to plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Documentation of product structures and routings within the Bill of Material.
- Creates process documentation required to visualize the manufacturing operations processes.
- Releases Sales Orders into manufacturing based on scheduling parameters and constraints.
- Maintains feature and option codes and applies logic rules to product applicability.
- Creates, updates, and manages production schedules for assigned Business Units.
- Oversees Fab, Raw, and Finished Goods inventory and plans replenishment utilizing manual and automated MRP tools.
- Liaison to the Business Units to establish priorities, understand customer requirements, and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Organizes, maintains, and administers process documentation.
- Establishes meaningful performance metrics, collects data, and compiles critical reports.
- Provides input to strategic planning as related to implementation of new production technology, processes, and product integration.
- Administers Continuous Improvement initiatives and LEAN training within the organization.
- Leads special projects as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and 3 years of directly transferable work experience, an Associates Degree and 5 years of directly transferable work experience, or an equitable combination of education and experience as required to successfully perform the indicated tasks.
- 3 to 5 years working within an Enterprise Resource Planning platform performing the essential duties of the position.
- A minimum of 2 years BoM maintenance within a multi-level product structure.
- A working knowledge of ANSI/ASQC ISO 9001 or comparable Quality System standard.
- Additional preference will be provided for Automotive, Food, or Rubber manufacturing experience.
- Additional preference provided for Certification in ANSI/ASQC ISO 9001.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent using of hands to grasp, handle, or feel
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Primarily operates in office and manufacturing environments
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it may be loud, dusty, hot or cold
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
NFW provides you with access to a telehealth benefit, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, three healthcare plan options, a discretionary 401k plan and paid vacation and sick time.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position and current resume.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.