Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier, engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products. We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: Design, develop, install, manage, and maintain equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery, and processes.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five years of related experience/training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- RSLogix 5000 and RSNetworx programming capable
- FactoryTalk View Studio and Fanuc Advanced Programming training
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be willing and able to take a hands-on approach when problem-solving
- Excellent communication, analytical, and decision making skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Troubleshoot equipment consisting of weld controllers, and robotics and programmable logic controllers
- Design electrical and electronic circuits
- Program PLCs, AC/DC drives, and Servo drives
- Modify robot, PLC programs, and machine screen interfaces
- Perform equipment maintenance
- Change welding consumables as needed
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment components
- Adjust MIG and spot welding based on changes in schedule
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Controls Engineering Manager
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 20% Office Environment, 80% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to crouch/kneel, hear, stand, talk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach and lift/move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb, perform overhead work, pull/push, sit, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to adjust focus are all required.
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice