Number of Positions: 10-15
Number of Hours Per week: up to 10
Times Needed: 8:00am - 2:15pm (numerous shifts that align with class time blocks)
Weekdays: Monday through Friday
Please complete the LifePrep Mentor Application linked here and attached to this posting to apply.
What is LifePrep@Naz?
LifePrep@Naz is an innovative program designed to provide students with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a college experience, strengthening the students’ life skills, self-sufficiency, and independence. Created through the collaborative relationship among Nazareth College, Victor Central School District, and The Arc of Monroe County, the LifePrep@Naz program thrives on the passion and commitment of all involved parties.
Through campus employment, Nazareth students serve as mentors to the LifePrep students, providing consistent peer-to-peer interaction.
Mentors receive support from LifePrep teachers and staff in the form of monthly training and town hall discussions. The trainings include information specific to the LifePrep program and information about individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and the supports that are beneficial. The goal is to create a strong community in order to support the LifePrep students in the best way possible.
More information can be found on our website: www2.naz.edu/culture-community-belonging/lifeprepnaz
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and to building a culture of belonging on campus
- Interest in forming supportive friendships with peers with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Willing undergo a background check, fingerprinting and PPD test before starting work
- Compassionate, caring, collaborative, and person-centered
- Professional and punctual, reliable and dependable
- Effective communicator, proactive problem solver, not afraid to ask questions
- Student of any major and/or minor
- Available M-F between the hours of 8am and 2:15pm
Career Readiness Competencies Student Workers Will Develop through this position:
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Digital Technology
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Global/Cultural Fluency
LifePrep is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified student mentors. As part of this commitment, LifePrep will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment as a student mentor, please contact Nuala Boyle.