Internship/CoOp Students for a materials chemistry project (Fairfax, VA)
A Scientific Research & Development (R&D) company in Northern Virginia has openings for Internships/CoOP students/Postdocs at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels. The Co-Op position will be for 3 to 9 months starting August 1, 2021.
We are charting a bold new course to completely reshape the Materials Chemistry field's landscape through a collaborative approach to both technology development and Blue Sky research. To support our operations, we are recruiting engineering and science graduates with Bachelor's, Masters's, or Ph.D. degrees to join us in a variety of roles in our facility. Potential job areas include General Chemistry, Polymers Science, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Materials Science, and Chemical Engineering.
Students or recent graduates in BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree programs in Chemistry, Chemical & Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and related fields.
- Areas of interest include Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or other related Materials and Manufacturing Science, nanotechnology or equivalent are desired disciplines
- Experience working in a chemical laboratory
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments